Saturday, December 30, 2006

Rest Day

We're finally tired anough to take a rest day. Kayaking, climbing, swimming, jumping off, and getting so scared, all in the same day, takes a lot out of us! After the last couple of days, we almost master the gettiung out of the boat part: stand in the kayak, grab on to the barnicles, pray for them not to brake off before the kayak is out of your way, and climb on! Deep water soling is super swcray, but it's awesome, and pushes your limits either way: whether you decide to go down and jump off the cliff, or go up and keep climbing, it feels like an accomplishment! (just remember you'll have to jump off at one point!). Yesterday after having Brendan probe 3 times, and deciding I was clear, I was getting ready to jump off. I was totally afraid, because I was jumping out of a cave (~30ft) & Brendan, helpless in the kayak at the bottom said "sometimes it helps if you scream when you jump". "Don't worry, I wasn't planning on keeping quiet, but thanks" and I jumped :) Brendan said he was scrared too, but I don't know if I believe it!
Today we're hiking to a lagoon which is a shrine for a Thai princess. Our cultural knowledge gets better every day, and we realized that it is not who you talk to, but who you are, that changes what you say. So Brendan and I have to say thank you differently... Since we're on the cultural topic, here is a bribe of discussion on the kayak:
-"I think I'll buy some Thai pants"
-"The 'it looks like I shitted on myself' pants?"
- Pause. "Woe. You're culturally sensitive. Yeah, these!"
-"What?... I'm just stating the obvious :) Besides that, they look great and they look pretty hip around here."
-"good eye"
I think I love traveling witrh Brendan...!!!! :)))))
I'm making fun of him, but he's pretty up to speed with the life her3e: he negociated a deal on the kayak rental with the Thai owner, and he had some coconut curry lats night...
So yeah, all is well on our side, and the plan fopr today is to rest, and tan on the beach :)

Ca fait longtemps que je n'ai pas mis de petit mot en Francais, alors en voila un pour la route :) J'espere que ca va les mots en anglais, je ne peux pas traduire a tous les coups, parce que ca prends trop longtemps. Tout va bien ici, on fait beaucoup d'escalade juste au dessus de l'eau (deep water soloing) et on commence a maitriser la sortie du kayak!! Pas facile, et les especes de moules accrochees en bas sont une purge pour commencer :) Aujourd'hui on se repose, et on va aller se balader voir un lagon mythique, ou une princesse thailandaise a supposement fini sa vie... On fait beaucoup de kayak, car c'est le seul moyen d'arriver au falaises, et entre ca, les pompes d'escalade mouillees, et toutes les baignades, on a jamais les doigts de pied qui defrippent, ca fait vacances :))) Grosse Bises, et a bientot!

6 comments:

Tharcise said...

Nous avions bien compris que les textes en anglais étaient une question de temps. Tharcise nous fait les traductions presque "the fingers in the nose" ! Nous suivons bien sûr le feuilleton tous les jours, ca a l'air carrément bien et hyper sportif. Bonne et heureuse année à vous ! Bises, Ch et Th.

Minnie said...

Merci pour les bonnes nouvelles, Vous avez raison de commencer l'année avec de bonnes vacances. Bonne Année a vous deux, plein de bonnes choses. Bisous Minnie JL

Tharcise said...

SALUT LES GRIMPEURS. j'ai 2 petits problemes, je ne trouve dans aucun dico. la traduction de "shitted" donc dialogue obscure? et pour vous ecrire je suis obligé de me réinscrire chaque fois? ? comment proceder pour etre listé une fois pour de bon? Re bonne Année. Tharcise

Oliv said...

For those of the blog watchers curious of where those guys are on the planet, check out Google Map...

Oliv said...

Gloo, I'm done with my scarf, and it's very nice. Thanks :) bises to you bith, enjoy

Delphine said...

ça y est j'ai trouvé comment me reconnecté!! Merci pour ton mail...t'inquiète pour les messages en anglais, c normal!! Là je suis en forme donc je vais pouvoir prendre le temps de lire tout ça...et puis ça me fait pas de mal de lire de l'anglais ;-))
Bonne fin de séjour...quel beau début d'année 2007! Bonne Grimpe! Et vivement votre retour pour voir quelques photos de votre périple!!
Bises à tous les 2!
Ciao

About Us