Sunday, November 16, 2008





Thursday I drove down to Denver, went climbing in Boulder, and then picked up Chloe at the airport...yeay. We went climbing in Rifle on Friday and braved the glacial wind that was blowing that day. It is pretty much winter over here, as long as it is nice and sunny, climbing is possible (in the sun), but if it's a little too cloudy or windy, the air and rock can freeze your fingers to a nice hard feelless state: makes it kind of hard to climb when you can't feel the rock, to say the least. So we climbed what we could despite the less than ideal conditions.
Saturday was training day for Sunlight Ski Patrol, where went over basic mountain operations and practiced lift evacuations (which is a good idea given the age and condition of our lifts ;). It was fun to reunite with all our patrol friends that we haven't seen since last season and start getting psyched on the rapidly approaching ski season.
Looks like we'll go climb some on Monday, and then I work most of next week on the mountain, getting it ready for the season and at WECAD (the ambulance company near where we live).
For me, it's time to study my ass off and get ready for my two major national registry exams for Paramedic in the beginning of December. I really don't want to fail those exams, so I'll try to do it right the first time. After that, I will finally be free from my year of sacrifice, and be free!!! I am very excited with the idea.
Cheers.
Brendan

3 comments:

Oliv said...

Study my ass off! Je vous recommande la traduction Google ;)
Chloe a vraiment un tres beau capiot.

Oliv said...

Je resiste pas: La traduction Google.

Janis Couvreux said...

"Au large de mon cul"? Pas mal, (pour rigoler) sauf que ca change un tout petit peu le sens, ne croyez-vous pas??? On dit tj, de toute facon, que le francais est plus image.

About Us