Monday, November 10, 2008

Keeping busy



Well, these last couple weeks have been varied. Chloe left for a trip, leaving me all alone here while she visits family. Luckily she returns this Thursday! Otherwise, last Thursday was a first taste of winter coming in. We got a few inches of snow at our place, and I had lots of snow coming down on the road around around me while I was driving to Grand Junction to spend some time with the fire department there for my internship time. I worked a 24 hour shift there, then Thursday morning (when I got off) I drove out to Moab for a day of bouldering in the beautiful winter sun in the desert. I did the good ol' sun shower thing, drove back to Grand Junction, slept in the flip pac, and then fired off another shift with the fire department on Friday. Finally Saturday morning, I drove back home, met up with my good friend Jack (who is also a patroller at Sunlight mountain), and we went climbing in Rifle for the day. The day was a little chilly, but turned out to be a good climbing day. Jack has been doing a lot desert crack climbing lately, and reported that he felt like his forearms were going to explode after having climbed the day at Rifle. Rifle tends to have that effect on people not used to climbing there, because it is quite a powerful place to climb, and takes some getting used to. Anyways then it was back to GJFD for Sunday. That fire department has the most retarded schedule....but whatever. I had a tougher time dealing with the people who work there: lets just say that if Colorado consisted of only Grand Junction, Colorado would have been a red state...yikes!...but luckily Colorado is bigger than that, and yes, happily, I was here to help with the color of the this state :)
I only have 48 hours left to do for my intership time (two days). I will actually finish those final days doing some paramedic time at WECAD, the ambulance company where I work.
We're getting a little more snow outside right now: kind of exciting! We'll see how much we got in the morning!
I think this is going to be a good winter :)

1 comment:

Janis Couvreux said...

Soooo glad you contributed to the "blue state" part! What a time, and I'm proud you were part of it, kiddo!

About Us